The Blog of Jas

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

I could insert something profound here about it, but... no.

Why is it that something so important as the Easter message can become so... normal and comfortable to me? I was sitting through church this morning and just couldn't connect with it. I know the whole story, and it was almost like it had lost all meaning. I dunno how much of it is because of the fact that I've been letting quiet times etc slip recently and haven't really felt that connection, and how much is just being numb to the whole thing from growing up hearing the story. But yeah, it's kind of annoying how I spent most of the service this morning noticing what should have been done better from a production perspective, rather than focussing on what really matters.

Got home, finished my assignment that was due at midday. Yay ECU for allowing lecturers to make assignments due on Good Friday. Got it finished before midday. Went to submit it online. It doesn't work. Submitted 10 minutes after midday on 4th attempt. If I get late penalties, or not marked because my earlier submissions failed (the receipt at the end told me it was the 4th file I'd submitted to the drop box, so there's probably 3 partial-zip-files in there), there will be hell to pay. Can you tell I'm really impressed with uni at the moment?

Slept for about 4 hours (really should try and figure out what the deal is with me sleeping so much and why I'm always so tired).

Went out to "my spot" at sunset, prayed for about half an hour (not sure exactly, my mobile phone which doubles as my portable timekeeping device stayed quite deliberately at home). That was cool just to get away from distractions for a bit and do that. Got a stack more out of it than this morning's service too.

And there's my "stuff of today" post.

1 Comments:

  • i concur with you sentiments in first paragraph. (ie, not first line, but good friday thing)

    By Blogger Meika, at 6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home